This one-day Improving Supply Chain Competitiveness course will enable you to review and explore the efficiency and effectiveness of your Supply Chain and Procurement function. We will show you a variety of techniques and methodologies which allow you to identify and achieve improvements in business performance in your Supply Chain
Topics to be covered include:
· Improving procurement organisation efficiency: improving the added value of the procurement function by reducing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of products/services procured, while optimising functional costs.
· Develop and implement procurement savings plans: including short-term (competitive procurement and negotiation), as well as medium-term levers (category-based procurement strategies).
· Identifying saving options: identifying categories with specific levers and find the potential to generate significant savings.
· Design/Re-design-to-cost: Identifying the substantial benefits that can be achieved in collaboration with the different functions involved (marketing, production, Research and Development (R&D)).
· Collaborating with strategic suppliers: to sustain growth and/or create value or secure supply.
· Supplier development: to improve suppliers’ performance and skills to fulfil their own needs.
· Developing supplier performance management systems: to identify the areas for progress, improve the service obtained and sustainably re-emphasise the requirement for collaboration.